Mind Body Psychology
I am a New Zealand trained Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist and have been practicing for over ten years.
I provide individual psychotherapy to adults of all ages using evidence based treatments including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness and Positive Psychology (strength/ resilience based) in a safe and supportive environment. These treatment techniques empower people by giving them practical coping strategies to manage their difficulties in specific situations. I also focus on the very real "mind-body connections," especially when they relate to chronic pain issues and stress.
I see people who are dealing with:
- Anxiety (e.g. obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, social phobia, specific phobia)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Brain injury
- Chronic pain and pain management
- Issues related to gender and/or sexual identity
- Grief and bereavement
- Adjustment issues (e.g. immigrants, life transition, chronic illness, physical disability)
- Work stress and burnout
- Motivation in sport and sport performance anxiety
I am originally from Germany and moved to New Zealand in 1986. I speak fluent, accent free English and German. I can provide therapy in both languages.